Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 10:43:49 EST

While Lake Powell is supposed to be an amazing area and I would love to see it
someday; it seems we're drifting further south/west with each suggestion. From
what I can tell via Mapquest, it’s another 650+/- miles past the Denver area
from the north east where most of those involved in this thread are from. That
equates to almost another 10 hours of driving time for those traveling west.
Also, it appears to nix the dragstrip idea as the closest NHRA member tracks
are Firebird Raceway, almost 300 miles to the south or Rocky Mountain Raceway,
almost 300 miles to the north. Again, IHRA doesn’t list anything in CO, UT or
AZ.

I agree with Bill, we need to start moving this back to a more central location
but I’m willing to go a little left of center to accommodate the under
represented west coast members. I still like the Denver or South Dakota
suggestions. Both have 4-wheeling and dragstrip possibilities. After all, this
is basically a Truck club. A social one but at it’s core, still a truck club.
And while I agree we should plan on other activities whether it be lawn Jenga
around a camp fire or visiting local attractions, this still needs to be about
the members and their trucks. IMHO, Lake Powell is going to drop off a number
of east coast members from the attendee list.

Walt
http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
West Hartland, CT