Re: Hey Maskalans...

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 18:37:53 EST

Sorry Gary, didn’t mean to rant and not answer your question. If your MCSA is
in the server 2003 track, you have a much better chance. Because the latest
SMS, Exchange and other Microsoft products are so reliant on the 2003 AD
structure, you actually have a good shot if you have the cert. There are still
a number of companies who have or are dragging their feet with 2000. The
company I’m sub-contracted to now still has NT4 domain controllers. This is a
very recognizable financial company. Now they, like many other companies are
panicking because they want to move to Exchange 2003 and they don’t have the
backend in place to support it. 2003 Admins are still a rear bunch though
their numbers are growing exponentially.

Like Josh stated Cisco doesn’t hurt though it’s some real dry reading. You
better know the material before taking one of their tests because you can’t
flub it like a Microsoft test. If you don’t know it, no chance in Hell you’ll
pass. But if you got Cisco, you’re still golden at this point. I still have
to get off my ass and finish up with that process myself.

Also, security experience/certifications are carrying some weight these days as
well. A lot of opportunities in that area these days.

Walt