Re: Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 09:39:12 EST

My 99 SLT 4x4 has greasable lower ball joints and greasable inner and outer
tierod ends. The lower control arm is a forging/casting very similar in design
to the lower control arms in my 89 Dakota with the grease fitting threaded into
the side of the control arm.

To make the greasing activity as easy as possible I have 90 degree fittings on
the inner tie rod ends, 45 degree fittings on the outer tierod ends and the
lower ball jount has a basic striaght fitting. I can get at all these fittings
without jacking up the truck or crawling under. I just turn the wheels from
lock to lock and reach in past the tire.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4