Re: RE: P1281..P0442

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 05:39:29 EST

<snip> On the P1281, could be possible that the t'stat is stuck open.

 On the P0442, check the lines at the evap canister, the lines under the
hood
 (near the green test port), and the gas cap o-ring. Those the the most
 common spots where you'll get the 442 code. If you can, try to borrow a
 scanner and find out how many key-cycles and/or minutes the code has been
 present. This will tell you how long and roughly a time frame on when it
 first happened.
 Last place to look would be at the NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detection
pump)
 next to the EVAP canister. There's an o-ring that does leak after a
 while...but you'd probably also have a P0440 code.<snip>

Thanx, Bernd! I'm gonna try some "Steiger-Deviousness" first & if she
passes, I'll investigate the source of the codes in the spring...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/