Re: Question for 4 bangers

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 22:58:47 EST

I've replaced cracked heads on 5-6 2.2/ 2.5L's.. and a couple of blown
head gaskets. Until the cracks get really bad.. most people don't even
notice and continue to run them. I ran one till a pencil would fit between
two cylinders.
But I certainly wouldn't use a bad head as a reason to avoid a 2.2 or 2.5.
You can change them with minimal tools in a matter of a few hours.
Aaron