Re: Re: Question for 4 bangers

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 08:31:42 EST

The 2.2's had the problem as well. Any engine that has an iron block and an
aluminum head will be susceptible due to the expansion rates of the
different metals. On the 2.2 you MUST use the MP gasket for high performance
use and a MP turbo gasket for all turbo cars. All the update on the Neon
gasket was, is an MP style gasket similar to the material used on the 2.2 MP
gasket. In addition to my Shelby Dak, my wife's 2004 Dak, and a Jeep, I also
own and race a 99 Neon DOHC Coupe and an 84 Charger 2.2