Re: Re: Question for 4 bangers

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 23:43:23 EST

DR CHALLENGER wrote:

> you must be kidding?? My 85 2.2 reliant had all kinds of headgasket
> issues, ereplaced it every 30k , and yes i milled the head true. my 89
> 2.2 shadow wasn't much better
>
>> From: Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com>
>> That would be the Neon. The old Chrysler 2.2/2.5 engines never really
>> had that problem, to the best of my knowledge. I'm still looking for
>> a nice dodge shadow, myself.

If you noticed, I said "to the best of my knowledge". The only personal
experiance I have had with that engine was with an 81 Reliant... and we
didn't have problems with the head. The car was my mothers actually -
she got rid of it in 1994 to buy a (then) new Ford Escort.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!