Re: 4 Banger Milage

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 10:19:49 EST

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:39:23 -0500, Tom Byrne <kerib@ptd.net> wrote:

> They also have weak auto transmissions. I had a 94 Spirit (bot used in 1996
> with 11K on it) and my wife had a 1996 Voyager (bot new and dealer serviced)
> and both trannys went at about 60K. The diff exploded on the Spirit. I will
> never buy another fwd auto trans again. Mopar fwd autos are notoriously weak
> when coupled with V6's. They have cooling problems. I also had a Chevy
> grenade on me as well.

I guess this Acclaim is lucky then. The thermometer on the insturment
panel always reads very cool (even running close to 80 MPH in the
summer heat), and we've had no trouble with the transmission. Car has
not had exceptional care taken with it (got its first spark plug
change at 95K back in May), really just the routine stuff, and
replacing the occasional wear item when needed.