Re: Offtopic Well Water Pump Need Help!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 22:46:33 EST

On Jan 2, 2005, at 15:53, Terrible Tom wrote:

> According to the previous owner - the system is about 30 feet down -
> deeper than a shallow but not really a *deep* deep well.

sorry I can't help out on the pump prime issue (when our well was being
funky it turned out to be a ripped bladder in the tank, and we kept the
original pump). I am wondering just what you've come across as the
definition of a deep/shallow well is - around my neck of the woods in
MN anything under 100' is considered shallow in the vernacular sense so
I'm wondering what the technical qualification is. We (and all but one
of our neighbors - at about 150' - who became a concern when we
replaced our septic system) pull our water from around 400'.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s