Re: Rusting Chrome Wheels

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 22:50:36 EST

On Jan 2, 2005, at 15:36, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips or product suggestions for keeping chrome
> wheels from rusting? I can polish them shiny and get rid of the rust
> bleed, but it keeps coming back. Is there something to seal the
> surface with?

sealing the surface only helps if the rust isn't coming from rusted
steel under the chrome.... I suppose at this age (that being like 18
months, right?) if there was rust under the chrome the chrome would be
starting to bubble and peel, so if that's not the case you'll probably
be in alright shape if you use any of the usual suspects to polish and
seal them. Don't use clearcoat, clear powdercoat or lacquer though
(they apparently yellow over time)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s