Offtopic Well Water Pump Need Help!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 15:53:00 EST

No - not the kinda help most of you think I should get heh - but I
require some information from anyone with knowledge on household well
systems. Sorry for the offtopic post to the List - but I figured there
would be someone out there who knows more about this stuff than I do -
and since I havn't been able to get info anywhere else... to the DML I go.

I replaced the in house electric Jet Pump, upgraded to a 1 HP Simer
convertable Jet... up from an old GE 3/4 HP pump - put in a bigger
pressure tank... but I'm unable to get water up from the ground.

I've done some research on the net - but I don't have the Google Gold
Finger - as I was unable to find anything to help me.

According to the previous owner - the system is about 30 feet down -
deeper than a shallow but not really a *deep* deep well. I only have
one line going to the well - not two. The pump has been converted over
for Deep Well, using the manufactures kit. And I've primed it according
to instructions - but I'm unable to get water outta the well. I think
I'm just not priming things right or something. Cant get hold of the
manufacturer because of the holiday weekend - and I am desperate to
avoid having to call a well service company, because of the large
amounts of money I can't afford to drop on it right now.

Soo - anyone with any info - or knowing a place where I could get info -
shoot me an email off list if you can. I appreciate it! Oh yeah - I've
tried the hardware store where I bought the pump and tank - lets just
say they are even less knowledgeable on this stuff than I am.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!