Re: Re: Cooling Fan Controller

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 17:37:20 EST

Mike look closely on the specs of that unit--- the viper fan draws 35 amps continuous on LOW--- 35 amps is the max draw that unit will support. Additionally, having it 'under power' the fan on less demanding isn't a good thing. Providing LESS amerage to the Viper fan will burn it up (I've done it on a test vehicle)... Might work ok for 6 months, but you'll eventually cook the fan (burns up the windings)...

For a 99 kit the setup I have cools better than anything out there (uses all BOSCH relays), is a direct drop in setup (no funny monkey business to get it to fit, or fiddle with the wiring).

Over 5 years worth of vehicle testing time-- zero failure rate, and nothing but positive results.

If you already have a viper fan, send it to me and I'll modify it (and put the brackets on it) if you purchase the wiring portion of the kit.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292