Re: OT: Kinda Im dissapointed...

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 09:33:32 EST

I'd go-- but have commitments for 2 big event each year (RT National meet in June #6 been to 1-5, Mopar@the strip in Las Vegas #3, been to 1 & 2 ..in April)... OH, and a 3rd -- the Truckin Nationals in PHX (been to 1-6 so far, #7 is this year) in Oct.

As for locking your rear diff...

A 'spool' is what you'd be looking @-- but it would break things as you don't want a 100% locked rear diff 100% of the time. You would want a locker--- Detroit would be the one... Just be prepared for a change in tire wear, as you'll be chirping the inside tire on hard left or right turns.

Your truck has a 8.25" corporate diff, and I am not sure if they even make a Detroit that'll fit that (have to check)--- otherwise a auburn, powertrax, or even a new trac-loc would be the ticket (if yours is toast). ARB makes air lockers as well that'll allow you to dictate when it's 'locked' and when it works more less like a 1 legger (for street use).

"Just bought RT #4 for my wife.. a used 98 CC RT, we've got 2 now... That's my 7th DAKOTA! DOH!"

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292