Re: Re: Re: Question of Legality in USA, Blue and Amber Rotating Beacon Lights Mounted on Roof of Dakota 4X4, Ontario Canada Truck

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 10:52:51 EST

They do the same in CT. He wrote me up for "14-96 Light affixed to license
plate" Thing is general statue 14-96 has 28 subsections, none of which
address a light affixed to a license plate. That's how I beat the ticket.
But "DR CHALLENGER" is correct as far as, I was guilty of having non-DOT
approved lamps. But the prosecuting attorney didn't know that so he just
dismissed the charge. He also dropped the insubordination charge after I
explained what had happened.

I don't know how it is in other states but in CT, you usually didn't
actually see the judge. What they did was you would go into a room with the
prosecuting attorney and state your case. Most often, to speed up the
process, he would then offer you a reduced charge & fine. If you accepted
it, you paid the fine and was on your way. Thing is, allot of people would
plead not guilty to every ticket they got to get a reduced fine. The courts
were overloaded with cases so they changed the system. Now, if you get a
ticket, most of the time, if you just pay the ticket, they won't levy points
against your license. If you fight the ticket, most often, you'll get a
reduced fine but now they nail you with the points and court fees. Quite
frequently the court fees are more than the original ticket unless you being
charged with something like running down a nun and her seeing eye dog ;-)

--
Walt Felix
'88 Dakota Sport 4x4, '96 Dakota CC SLT 4x4, '00 Ram Sport 1500 QC

My Webpage: http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com My DML Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/VyL4YitToBQ2s/

""Aaron Wyse"" <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote in message news:017f01c4f2bd$0ee2c5a0$f890c944@aoldsl.net... > > If he went through the trouble of writing the ticket.. There'll usually be a > place on the ticket where the occifer has to actually write the vehicle code > that was violated. At least the tickets I've gotten in IL, AZ, AL, FL, CA, > and GA.. have had that specified.. > Aaron