Re: OT: Kinda Im dissapointed...

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 11:46:47 EST

On Wed, January 5, 2005 8:28 am, Bill Day said:

> we can not get more than 32'is names on the interested list...
>
> How sad....

Last I remember, there were about 250 people active on the list. The DML
home page currently guesses 110, but I think the newsgroup problems might
be confusing it. 32 out of 250 really isn't too shabby, especially at
this early stage, considering what we're asking of people. I'm guessing
we'll get some renewed interest once we decide on a time and place.

The big mystery in my mind is where are all the Texans and Californians?
I know there are a lot of people on this list from both of those states,
yet only a few of them seem to have any interest in meeting up with the
rest of us. Thank you to those who have spoken up so far, now get out
there and recruit your neighbors :-).

Admittedly, I can see where it would be pretty tough for a lot of people
to make it to a national meet. And I'm sure there are a lot of people out
there who are just interested in getting technical information on their
Dakotas, without the social content.

I figure we're just going to go ahead and put together this meet for those
who are interested, and try to make it as good as we can for as many as we
can. I'm sure we won't be able to accomodate everybody, but there just
isn't any way to do so.

For those who really want to make it but just can't drive halfway across
the country, they could always consider putting something together in
their own area instead.

Bottom line, for those who can't be bothered to put in an effort, it's
their loss. We'll just have to go ahead and have fun without them.