Re: It's a big dent!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 21:43:48 EST

On Jan 6, 2005, at 17:28, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> I would bet he
> did this and when he lifted the rear wheels of your truck off the
> ground, the
> rear of the bed was against the drive shaft. That’s how he dented it.

I think you hit the nail on the head (along with James). For whatever
reason he picked up the rear wheels of the truck with the back edge of
the bed when he was loading or unloading and as I would expect the
shaft doesn't like most of the weight of the truck on it.

I talked to the towing company on the phone this afternoon, and they
denied even the possibility of having done the damage, citing the fact
that they used a flatbed and therefore couldn't have damaged the
driveshaft. I happen to be meeting my dad over near there for dinner
tomorrow, so I'll print out a couple of those pictures and see what
they say. I expect further denial, and it's probably not worth taking
them to small claims...

The truck was towed from private property on request of the property
owner (the Flying J truckstop in Pembroke at exit 48a off 90), so
liability isn't as cut-and-dry as it would be if it was illegally
parked.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s