Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 22:04:46 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <david.clement@verizon.net>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: DML: OT: Dodge Charger

> In article <BAY17-F24450E8F1F5C3B7C9A42E697890@phx.gbl>,
> roadking_dakota@hotmail.com ("Zachary Burcham") writes:
> >

> > And someone commented on how the Vette vs Viper power struggle was going
on,
> > that's gonna get interesting because there are reported to be 3 count
them 3
> > Vette Models, base 400 hp, Z06 with 500 hp and one deemed the "Blue
Devil"
> > with a S/C and 600 Hp, where's the Viper then? Catchin' up, that's
where.

> Well the Viper has had 500HP for a couple of years now and the Z06 isn't
going
> to be available until 2006 at which time the new Viper Coupe will be
released
> and it's not known what it will have for HP. The super charged vette is a
tuner
> car and there has since almost the inception of the Viper been turbo and
> supercharged versions pushing 600-700HP being sold by tuners. So on a
horse
> power comparison the vette is still trying to catch up.

Don't forget all the research and technology they've put into trying to get
a Vette to do what a Viper does with very little state of the art design
under the hood. An aluminum fuel injected motor.. Perhaps Hennessey needs
to send one of his tuner cars out to break Callaways Sledgehammer records..
should be easy enough to do.

> > I'll end on this, I can find a GTO in a crowd from a 1/2 mile away if
I'm
> > looking, 1/4 mile away if I'm not. It has enough of Pontiac's styling
that
> > I know it's a Pontiac but I never mistake it for a Grand Prix or Grand
Am.

> That's interesting! I have been going by a new GTO on the way to/from work
for
> the past few months and I pass within 10 feet of it, everytime I see it I
have
> to look for the GTO badge on the side to know for sure that it's not a
Grand Am
> coupe. If it wasn't for the Pontiac signature grill I wouldn't even look t
wice
> at the car it's so generic looking.

I don't notice the GTO for the simple fact I'm not an avid enough Pontiac
fan to look beyond the standard Pontiac nose style.. The Sunfire is most
distinct of the line up.

> > But the first time I saw a Viper SRT-10 on the road, from 1/4 mile, I
though
> > it was a Stratus Coupe. I'd rather pay 35K for a car that's easily
> > identified from a distance than 83K for a Viper powered Stratus. I love
> > both cars, so don't get me wrong, but sometimes our brand loyalties skew
our
> > view.
>
> You gotta be kidding me!! The Viper (coupe or roadster) is one of the most
> distintive looking cars on the road. Other than the Dodge signature cross
hair
> grill there isn't one line in the car that remotely resembles a Stratus
Coupe /
> Avenger.

Come on; give him a break.. On second thought.. nevermind.. I agree. To
mistake the Viper and Stratus.. would be like mistaking a Jetta for a
Beetle.. They both have 4 wheels and VW emblems..
Aaron