Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 22:27:39 EST

"Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net> wrote:
: there's supposed to be a lawsuit out there by the minority owners of the old
: chrysler corporation, challenging the "merger" for lack of "due diligence"
: on the part of the old chrysler board of directors. the minority owners
: have already said they are not interested in settling. from what i've heard
: they have a very good chance. this "merger of equals" may not remain intact
: beyond the next 5 years, but then again, you've got to wonder whether that's
: a good thing or not.

   I'm glad to hear there are at least some people out there who are
still ticked about this. :-) I know there were a couple of lawsuits
filed in the past, one of them by Kerkorian (sp?), but it seems like
I heard those were dismissed and/or settled. This was about the time
that Schrempp (sp?) came right out and said that he never intended it
to be a merger of equals, he only said that to get the Chrysler
stockholders to play ball. It would definitely be interesting to see
this "merger" broken up. Though as you say, wether that's a good thing
or not is a question - the extraction could be a bit messy at this point,
the whole affair would probably be the equivalent of one of those Disney
cartoons where the bear lowers a fish into his mouth, and as he pulls it
out past his lips, its just a skeleton. "Thanks for the $20 billion, off
you go now..." Still, even if it meant some lean years, I'd really
like to see Chrysler off on its own again. It would be nice to be
able to buy a new Mopar again. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'