RE: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 07:54:12 EST

I had the same experience on my Liberty. When it was time for its first oil
change, I had my K&N oil filter waiting to go on but it was an absolute act
of God to get the factory oil filter off. I really destroyed it doing so.
A friend of mine had a Suburban and Jiffy Lube stripped out his drain plug
so that it was slowly leaking oil. Luckily he caught it when he saw a large
puddle under the truck after leaving it parked for a while. They wound up
replacing his oil pan. Its just amazing how they not only screw it up, but
go ahead and send the customer on his way with eminent disaster to occur.

Rascal