RE: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 13:04:15 EST

Obviously if Jiffy Lube wound up mashing the case enought to put a hole in it
it was too tight. Most recently my wife's 03 turbo PT Cruiser I had to put some
sand paper between the filter wrench and the filter in order to get it loose
(There is no room to use one of the socket type wrenches on the turbo with the
intercooler tube and longer filter that is used.

Going back 30+ years to the days I worked in the local service station it was
always who drew the short straw was stuck doing the filter on the new cars that
came in.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4