Re: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 08:54:54 EST

<david.clement@verizon.net> wrote in message

> When my wife was test driving PT's she had her eye on the 03 Dream Cruiser
in
> the Tangerine metallic that was in the show room. They took it out so she
could
> drive it. About a mile down the road I though the engine was on fire it
smelled
> so bad. We wound up taking the elctric blue one and as you say they must
of
> driven it for a bit first because it nevere smelled.
>
> Dave Clement
> 99 SLT+ CC 4x4

That's actually a pretty common occurrence, we used to have people complain
about it all the time when I worked at the chevy dealer. We moved about
1000 vehicles/month and the one guy who did all the PDIs sometimes didn't
get a chance to get to some of the new ones before people wanted to test
drive them. That's when they'd get the smell. No big deal really, it burns
off in 5 minutes or so and never smells again, but can be annoying and
disconcerting the first time you experience it.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L