Re: Intake Manifolds: M1 vs Edelbrock?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 01:19:00 EST

TerribleTom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

: Chad Evans wrote:
:>
:> yeah a two barrel carb. i believe the only way to get a carb is to get
:> the 4 bbl m1. which i believe there are no more left in the country.
:> could be wrong though
:>

: Summit lists the 4bbl M1 for $270 - - so I would assume that they are
: still out there.

   Yep, I would expect so. That's the manifold that comes
on the Magnum crate engines, so I would assume they are still
making it. BTW, speaking of Edelbrock, I notice they are now
selling "bolt-on" aluminum cylinder heads for the Magnum engines.
I would assume these are probably the same as the aluminum heads
that have been sold through Mopar Performance for the past few
years with Edelbrock as the actual manufacturer of both, but
the price might actually be more reasonable with the Edelbrock
name on 'em instead of Mopar. I haven't checked into the price
though; just happened to notice a blurb about them a while back
in one of the many magazines that find their way to my doorstep;
your post reminded me of it. Just thought I'd mention in case
you feel like buying even more shiny parts and plunging further
into debt. (Why yes, I do enjoy spending other people's money,
thanks!) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'