Re: Intake Manifolds: M1 vs Edelbrock?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 11:15:27 EST

At 01:19 AM 2/5/05, you wrote:
>BTW, speaking of Edelbrock, I notice they are now selling "bolt-on"
>aluminum cylinder heads for the Magnum engines.

Yup. Edelbrock suggested retail is $820.95 (gulp). And that's
for only one! I don't know if that's bare or not. Jeg's has it discounted
for $707.99 .

The specs are 58cc combustion chamber, 176cc intake runner volume,
75cc exhaust runner volume, stainless valves, and valve springs good
up to .580" lift. The thing that I have a little problem with, besides the
price
and the fact that you need two :-P, is that the intake valves are 2.02"
IMO, that's pretty big for a na 318, no matter how much it's modded.

My financial planner :-) says that I'm in really good shape for my
retirement years so I have been having naughty thoughts of adapting
the 6.1L hemi for the '70 challenger!

Bob