RE: OT: Ram modification recommendations

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 08:30:40 EST

2004 Ram Quad Cab SLT with a 4.7L V8 == HEAVY truck, SMALL engine

Go for torque improvements Val.

> Intake:

Your choice but the more you can isolate it from any heat transfer the
better it will perform.

> Throttle Body:

I can personally recommend the Fastman. Trust him when he tells you the
size you should use. Send him your core when you get his back. You won't
need it anymore.

> Exhaust:

Either go with a Gibson cat-back or just the muffler. They sound good and
improve low and mid-range torque over the other brands. Also works very
well on my 6000 rpm Dakota (5.2L)

> Or should I forget the exhaust and get an electric Fan?

Isn't there already an auxiliary electric fan on your truck? If so, you
could wire in a toggle switch so you can control when it comes on. Never
saw any performance improvement on my Dak when I trashed the stock fan.

> Again any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. TIA.
> Val Garcia

Avoid TB spacers and Jet chips. Waste of money!

If Hypertech or Superchips has a programmable module you could switch
between stock and modified whenever you want.

My 4.7L Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4x4:
-- K&N FIPK
-- Fastman 68mm TB
-- 15.40 @ 85 mph - down from 15.80 stock (has about 180 drag strip runs on
it *and* has towed my Dak across the country)
-- next up.....Gibson cat-back
-- no programmers available for the Jeep <sigh>

HTH Val.
RayB