Re: Power vs quarter mile

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 15:17:05 EST

At 11:28 AM 2/8/05, you wrote:
>The one time I borrowed Bill's DOTs, the short time was 2.05,
>but I wasn't able to spin them enough to make them effective;
>you're supposed to do a burnout until you see just a whisp
>of smoke coming off them, but when I tried that with my
>non-line-locked 5 speed, it would just launch the truck instead
>of spinning the tires. :-) -Jon-

Funny you should mention that. I can't spin them either
when they are dry :-( I have to back up and put them
on the wet surface or, at TMP, put them into the water
(they're pretty stingy with the water there :-P ), roll out
and spin them.

Because of my flaky, wot, will-it-shift or won't-it-shift tranny :-(,
I don't even try to spin them now! Seems to help but
I hate it when the opponent is waiting at the tree and
I go through my go-around-the-water, back up, line up
routine that I still use :-) and the flagman turns his head
slowly around and wonders what the heck I'm doing :-)

Bob