Re: (Slightly OFF-Topic) Neon 2.0 Fuel mileage

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 22:32:37 EST

I've been getting 17-18 with the 05 on average. However when I went up to
Minnesota last weekend, I managed to get 20 on the way back.

But what I can't figure out is why my gas milage went down to 16 when I had
the tailgate down. I started out with the tailgate down, then after 100
miles, I noticed I was only getting 16mpg's. Then I pulled over, put the
tailgate back up, and got 19mpg the rest of the way.

Logic says having it down would help, but for the life of me I can't think
of why it would hurt me THAT much.

--

Gary Hedlin www.garyhedlin.com 2005 Dakota SLT CC 4.7 5spd 1998 Dakota Sport RC 3.9