Re: Gen I front valance/fog lights?

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 00:25:02 EST

Don Rey wrote:
> My Gen I truck has been in a couple accidents on the road and has had a few
> rough ice/slush/gravel dips off the road. Does anyone have a good source for
> a replacement front valence piece and factory fog lights? Anyone have part
> numbers?? I tried cheapo walmart fog lights, but they were set kinda ugly in
> the front valence. I took the first opportunity I got to smash them in a mud
> hole. Thanks!
>
> The first accident was the previous owner's, but the most recent my own. I
> rear-ended a Saturn. Doh! Shattered that Saturn plastic. Only bumper and
> grille damage to the dak.
>
> Thanks!
> Don
> 89 Dakota Convertible 4x4
> 74 Dart Sport 340
> CT

As I'm sure Walt Felix can attest to - they are not around anymore. Good
luck finding factory fogs for the Gen I's. I picked up a pair of
"Baja" fog lights from work (AutoZone) and they should fit pretty good
in the factory airdam. I'm going to have to fab up some kind of bracket
for them however, as they stick out too far when mounted to the factory
bumper holes. As for the air dam - you can still get those from the
dealers. However avalibility is getting lower. I bought one about 3
years ago for under 20 bucks - now its fetching for over $50.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!
*Caution* Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.