RE: 100k = timing chain?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 22:36:53 EST

Waiting until it breaks is risking other internal engine components.
Install a new dbl-row chain and be done with it. I've seen chains at 50,
80, and well over 100K miles - not a pretty sight and it's just asking for
trouble.

As for the gears (as in gear drive), the only one available is from Milodon
(used to run it for about a year) and it's VERY noisy and annoying at idle.
Stick with the chain.

- Bernd