Re: 100k = timing chain?

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 23:04:13 EST

Barry Oliver wrote:

> So far, I have 2 votes for changing it, and three against [until it
> breaks] Is a 5.2 an interferance motor? If I wait til it breaks am I
> risking more than stranded? I remember a vague thread from long ago
> about swapping to gears, but I am not motivated enough to search for it
> right now...

Change it dude - thats vote three for it... the risk of damage to
internals is too great - imagine how much your push rods will like it if
your crank keeps rotating but your camshaft stopps. heh

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *152* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/