Re: Re: (off-topic) Neon Gas Mileage update

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 09:25:40 EST

I have had at least one 2.2 or 2.4 4cyl turbo powered mopar car continously
since May of 85. All but the current PT Cruiser were manual transmission cars.
The 2.2 turbo 1 Daytonas would get 26mpg around town 32-34 on the hiway. The
more powerful 2.2 turbo 2 motors would get 25-26mpg around town and 30-32 on
the hiway. The 03 PT Cruiser with an even more powerful 2.4 turbo ( enough to
easily dust off any stock v8 powered Dakota ;) ) with an automatic gets
22-23mpg around town and 25-26mpg on the hiway and it weights more than the
Neon to boot.

Something is dfinately a miss with your Neon.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4