Re: Drivetrain vibration under specific conditions

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 01:27:03 EST

On Feb 25, 2005, at 15:24, Dan Kramarsky wrote:

> I have a drivetrain vibration that shows up under very specific
> conditions.
>
> all of the following conditions must be met for problem to appear:
>
> 1. ) Cruising at any speeds between 50 and 80 mph.
>
> 2. ) Ease up on the gas so that the drivetrain and engine are NOT
> ( in other words, torque is *not* being transmitted to the
> wheels and the wheels
> are not sending torque to the back to the engine )

Check your u-joints first.

how many miles on them?

could also be slop in the slip yoke.

That's where I'd start, and that's where my money is.... (having lost
a few u-joints and double cardian carriers)

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360