RE: Calipers/Timing Chain

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 13:04:36 EST

Bob,

On your sticking caliper....unless it's the piston sticking, the most common
cause is lack of lubrication between the caliper/pads and the adapter they
slide on. Factory recommends chassis grease which doesn't last very long
as it melts or washes away. I've found that a *thin* film of anti-seize on
the pad ears and anywhere else there's metal to metal contact works very
well and lasts a long time. Use a little silicone grease on the 2 slide
pins if that's the type of caliper you have. (not sure on 4x4 Daks but my
Dak, Jeep 4x4 and Stratus are practically identical)

You might want to try this before buying another caliper.

RayB