Re: National DML Meet - attn: "write-in" candidates

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 12:33:07 EST

Josh wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 05:10:14 -0500
> hemidak@msn.com ("Chad Evans") wrote:
>

>>It was me!! I picked joliet more for the drag racing portion of it.
>>although it is fun to go muddin it just doesnt do it for me. I dont
>>care if drag racing a 17 sec 98 reg cab flame red v6 truck, i would
>>still rather go drag racing. I suppose if i hadnt smashed my jeep
>>into a electrical pole i would go muddin.
>

> AH HA! The problem with that is that drag racing is just about the only
> thing to do in Joliet, and you don't want to drink the water while
> you're there either. I get bored easily, I need the variety that some
> of the other places have. I want to have all sorts of options on the
> table.

Well, given the distances involved, Cliffs Insane Terrain offroad park
[ http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/ ]is pretty close [40 miles], as
is the Buffalo range [ http://buffalorange.tripod.com/ , 45 miles]
and a DML meet in Joliet for Drag racing could "spin off" a group to go
offroadingand/ or shooting. That covers three of the desired
activities. There is also a skydiving club, several paintball parks,
Aedofab [or however you spell it] for repairs or modifications, and alot
of Chicago listers that would never dream of driving to a meet
otherwise. For the average City dweller, the prospect of driving more
than 20 miles must seem horrifying, but Joliet is close enough to
Chicago to make forays for food and civilization practical.