RE: DML Digest V5 #2257

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 06:21:54 EST

>Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:30:50 -0500
>From: droo <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: DML: OT: 400HP/400FT LB from a production car?
>
>On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:28:08 -0500, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com>
>wrote:
>

> > Dan Kramarsky wrote:
> >> I just read in my Stuff magazine a small ad for the 2005 Pontiac GTO.
> >> link: http://www.pontiac.com/gto/
> >> How in the hell did they get a production 6.0L engine to produce 400HP
> >> / 400ft.lb ?
> >

> > Perhaps they did something that the Big Three are bad at doing? Getting
> > a decent amount of power per unit of displacement. Have you ever looked
> > at the power the Germans get from their engines? and their economy? We
> > suck - but sound better doing it.....

No kidding! I was just thinking about that yesterday, Almost every Ferrari
I can think of has a motor smaller than 4.0L I think, and the Formula 1 (I
know that's no comparison to street machines) are I believe 3.5L V10s. The
only company I know of that makese big motors over there is Lambo and
Mercedes, and that's just because I can think of the 6.0L Diablo and 6.7L
McKlaren off the top of my head. The later being 627 hp.

Zach