Re: 8.25 rear end

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 11:53:59 EST

I have read articles in the Mopar rags that indicate you can build an 8.25 to
last behind a light weight (A-body) car running a 600HP small block and an
auto. Considering the number of 12 sec A-bodys with 8.25 out there I would say
you would be fine. I don't know if the Trac-Loc limited slip would be the first
choice though.

I will be running an 8.25 rear end behind a hot 360 (375 to 400HP) in my 68
Barracuda with a 4spd. This particular rear end spent several years behind a
360/380 crate motor in a 69 Dart before I got. The PO was going to rebuild it
with 3.9 gears when he got the opportunity to pick up a 8.75 with 3.9 gears for
about the same cost.

I went through it and rebuilt it with 3.55 gears (had 2.9 gears) and put about
8K miles on it last year behind my hot rod \6.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4