muffler question

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 23:41:48 EST

Glacierhey everybody! had a question regarding a muffler i'm looking at.
I'm choosing between two dynomax mufflers. Both are Ultra-flows, but one is
longer than the other.

I'm looking at getting either #17221 or #17233. they are both 3" inlet, 3"
outlet, offset inlet, center outlet. the only difference between the two is
that #17221 is 14" long (for the body) versus 17233's 20". my question is:
what difference will the length make in performance/sound level?

currently, i have the stock system, with a FM40 (2.5" inlet/outlet). I'm
going to a larger exhaust diameter, and ditching the cat as well (which is
why i'm going for the quieter Dynomax). any recommendations on this would
be appreciated.

thanks,

Gabriel A. Couriel