Re: muffler question

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 01:52:02 EST

Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:
> Glacierhey everybody! had a question regarding a muffler i'm looking at.
> I'm choosing between two dynomax mufflers. Both are Ultra-flows, but one is
> longer than the other.
>
> I'm looking at getting either #17221 or #17233. they are both 3" inlet, 3"
> outlet, offset inlet, center outlet. the only difference between the two is
> that #17221 is 14" long (for the body) versus 17233's 20". my question is:
> what difference will the length make in performance/sound level?
>
> currently, i have the stock system, with a FM40 (2.5" inlet/outlet). I'm
> going to a larger exhaust diameter, and ditching the cat as well (which is
> why i'm going for the quieter Dynomax). any recommendations on this would
> be appreciated.

Bah - hack the muffler off and weld in a three inch straight pipe...

That's my solution --

heheheheheheheheheheehehe

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *131* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/