Re: Heater Core

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 22:35:54 EST

Josh <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

: Just out of curiosity, how long is a freaking heater core supposed to
: last? I had mine done last winter and now I'm getting a rediculous
: coolant smell from the vents. I know it's been less than a year
: (barely) now since it's been replaced and this is rediculous. I had it
: done at my local 5-star and they did it in an afternoon, I drove in and
: they called me later that day (and I didn't have an appointment). Do
: you guys think I can weasel and get them to check it out and repair it
: for free/cheap since it's been such a short amount of time?

    I don't know if this is a standard 5-star thing, or if it varies from
dealer to dealer, but my local dealer warranties all of their work for
1 year/12,000 miles. I found out about this when I was looking into the
possibility of having them install 4.10s in my Dak after my factory
warranty ran out. I asked what sort of warranty, if any, would apply to
that, and they said they warranty all of their work for 1/12,000.

    If its the same for your dealer, since its been less than a
year, you might be in luck. :-) Even if not, the proper amount of
complaining might be good for a reduced cost or a free part at least,
if it really is the heater core which failed.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'