Re: Dak 05 v8 performance suggestions wanted

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 19:51:02 EST

>lurk mode off<

I work at a Dodge dealership, and one thing that keeps coming up in the ol'
service department is "why does my gas mileage suck?"
these motors do losen up as they break in, but not a whole lot. Adding stuff
for more performace always helps gas mileage if you can keep your foot out
of it. The exhaust on these trucks is a travesty and should be replaced with
something less restrictive before you even get it home to show the wife.
between the tiny pipes and the all the stuff to make it quiet, that engine
must be screaming for some exhaust flow.....
the intake path is pretty sh*tty too, so improvements there will go a
loooooong way..
The one big obstical I've seen is the torque management. It doesn't want you
to have any fun. Even if you put it in Tow/Haul mode, it's hard to torch the
tires. There really needs to be a Performance computer or something......
I've gotten a few of them to light em' up, but it wasn't easy....

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC

"...someone set up us the bomb...."