Re: Re: Denver it is!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 15:06:17 EDT

"Woodruff, Jason P" <jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com> wrote:

: Hey RJ is right. Denver is an awsome "outdoor" place.
: Who says you have to drive your truck out? How about flying out (flights from major airports to denver can be <$250), attending your favorite one or two Dakota activities, then going on about your praivet vacation. The Denver mint is very cool. Watch the Rockies play ball. Visit the capital and get winded climing to the top. If it's not on the Dak schedule go on the Coors tour (FREE BEER) in Golden, Co. While your in Golden, wonder around, I'm sure not many of you east costers have seen an old west
 mining town. If you have time drive to Colorado Springs (~1.5hr) and visit the Olympic Training Center and Pike's Peak.
: I'm sure there's plenty of passenger seats, and I know there will be plenty of bench racing.

: My suggestion for an actual meeting place is Golden. Smaller town only 15miles from the city. We won't get lost in the hustle and bustle of the city, the Coors plant is in the background, bars/resturants a plenty and it's closer to recreational activities.
: Jay W
: 505/287 Dakota

   Thanks for the info, Jay! A majority of the folks who voted in
round one specified that they are interested in camping. Do you have
any info or a feel for how the camping situation is in the Golden area?
(Based on the results from the voting, what we're looking for is a
campground to use as our "base camp" which can preferably accomodate
a group of us, with toilets and showers. RV hookups would also be
nice, and anything else on top of that would be a nice bonus (i.e.
wireless 'net access, etc.) But the bare necessities are toilets
and showers. Plus, it should be close to motels and hotels because
some folks prefer those.

   I didn't think about the Denver mint - that could be cool. :-)

 Oh, and speaking of flying out, AFAIK, there are a couple/few
people planning on doing that, and I'm one of them. I would actually
enjoy driving out, but I can only get away for a week at a time, so
by the time I spent 2 days driving out, 2 days back, I'd only have
2-3 days for the meet itself; by flying, I can probably get a good
5-6 days in. I plan to rent something relatively capable of doing
some extremely mild offroading (i.e. dirt roads). If we get into
any hardcore stuff, I'll be warming somebody's passenger seat and/or
capturing it on video. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'