Re: Denver it is! (was: National Meet Voting Results)

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 12:53:52 EDT

Hey RJ is right. Denver is an awsome "outdoor" place.
Who says you have to drive your truck out? How about flying out (flights from major airports to denver can be <$250), attending your favorite one or two Dakota activities, then going on about your praivet vacation. The Denver mint is very cool. Watch the Rockies play ball. Visit the capital and get winded climing to the top. If it's not on the Dak schedule go on the Coors tour (FREE BEER) in Golden, Co. While your in Golden, wonder around, I'm sure not many of you east costers have seen an old west mining town. If you have time drive to Colorado Springs (~1.5hr) and visit the Olympic Training Center and Pike's Peak.
I'm sure there's plenty of passenger seats, and I know there will be plenty of bench racing.

My suggestion for an actual meeting place is Golden. Smaller town only 15miles from the city. We won't get lost in the hustle and bustle of the city, the Coors plant is in the background, bars/resturants a plenty and it's closer to recreational activities.
Jay W
505/287 Dakota