National Meet vs. 2006 DML BBQ

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 00:09:32 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> "
>
> While we are on the subject, another relatively large DML specific
> gathering during this period is the BBQ. I wonder if we can come to
> some sort of concensus on this... Should the national meet preempt the
> BBQ or should we have both? I guess it would depend on the people who
> are planning to attend, I suspect there will probably be some folks who
> will be unable to attend both due to time and/or financial reasons.
> However, if there are still enough people interested in the BBQ (folks
> who would plan to go to both events or folks who would be unable to
> make the national meet but would still be interested in the BBQ), I
> can still hold the BBQ. Assuming we still want a BBQ, but would like
> to leave as much of July/August open for the national meet as possible,
> I could do something like move the BBQ to the spring that year, or
> combine the BBQ and Daktoberfest into a single event, held during the
> fall.
>
> Anyway, sorry if that seems offtopic, but it seemed relevant to me,
> since if the national meet will be preempting the BBQ, obviously we
> don't need to work around the BBQ date...

Hey Jon - I had not given that point much thought actually. From a
standpoint of time - I don't think I will be able to get any time off
of work for anything but the National meet, for 2006. I doubt I could
even swing a Daktoberfest that fall. Not to mention being able to
afford the trips. The fuel costs I'm looking at are going to be
astronomical. As dieheard a DMLer as I may be, I'm going to vote for
just the National meet for 2006. Just think of it as a DML BBQ on
Rockey Mountan steroids! hehe... Besides, I'm sure Forestville, your
folks, and DML HQ could use a year off from our brand of insanity heh.
Lets go terrorize another state for a change!

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *112* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/