Re: National Meet vs. 2006 DML BBQ

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 10:16:38 EDT

In article <425360FC.8000807@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (TerribleTom)
writes:

> Hey Jon - I had not given that point much thought actually. From a
> standpoint of time - I don't think I will be able to get any time off
> of work for anything but the National meet, for 2006. I doubt I could
> even swing a Daktoberfest that fall. Not to mention being able to
> afford the trips. The fuel costs I'm looking at are going to be
> astronomical. As dieheard a DMLer as I may be, I'm going to vote for
> just the National meet for 2006. Just think of it as a DML BBQ on
> Rockey Mountan steroids! hehe... Besides, I'm sure Forestville, your
> folks, and DML HQ could use a year off from our brand of insanity heh.
> Lets go terrorize another state for a change!

Personally, I’m planning on taking a considerable amount of time off for a
national meet. Probably 3 weeks and make it a long vacation. I don’t want to
have to drive like hell to get there, spend the 10 days and then have to drive
like hell to get home in time for work. I’m going to give myself 4-5 days
before and after for traveling. With that said, I don’t think I would be able
to do a BBQ also unless it was just for a weekend. But, an 8-hour drive each
way (pulling a trailer) for 2-3 hours of wheeling almost isn’t worth the
effort, however, I probably would still do it. My vote is to preempt the BBQ
for the year.

Walt