Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 00:26:24 EDT

Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

> Aaron Wyse wrote:
>
>> Why joke?? Hell, at this point; You'd be amazed at how many Americans
>> would
>> actually back him for something that they'd see a benefit from. It's
>> either
>> that or get the ole Alaskan pipeline back in shape and give er hell!
>> Aaron
>>

> I guess it's just my Canadian university student idealism peeking out. I
> realize many of the members of the board are "red" in their political
> leanings, and see the invasion of Iraq as justified - not that the two
> are mutually inclusive. Let's just say that I find the justification
> dubious at best.
>
> I just figured at least keep up the veneer of liberation and bringing
> democracy to oppressed people for their sake, as opposed to "gimmie da
> oil! awright boys, git 'er dun!" "boss, what about world opinion?"
> "uh... set up some of dem der ballot boxes!"
>
> Sorry if this grates upon some of your guys' sensibilities.

(sigh) open mouth - insert foot heh - this coming not long after I told
Jon I like to keep politics outta my dealings with the DML heh...and I
started this thread so I am responsible for where its gonna go (to some
point heh)

Here comes some University of Wisconsin Political Science Student
Ranting ;-)

I do not support drilling for oil in Alaska. Our environment has been
bastardized enough by human development. DO WE REALLY need to ruin one
more area of virgin land? I also am highly critical of the events in
Iraq - I find it hard to believe our only motivation was to "free the
innocent people of Iraq and promote freedom for all" If that was the
case - where was our government during the ethnic clensins in Rowanda?
No oil there huh...

  At the same time I spew these opinions and views - I am also hit hard
by the cost of gasoline. Just like you and everyone else. I think we
need to seriously invest in alternative fuel sources. I own 4 trucks
and have another SUV in the family (which the Exploder got 21 MPG on
todays driving!)... I love my trucks and I don't want to get rid of
them. When the oil runs out - and it will - I'm going to have a hard
time giving them up.

We need to conserve what we have - use less of it, and look for
alternative fuels - not punch more holes in the ground and fighting for
a natural resource which is drying up.

(burns soap box - but don't worry - I have an unlimited supply of them)

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *112* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/