Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 20:59:09 EDT

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:56:28 -0700, Kyle Vanditmars <kylevan@telus.net>
wrote:

> As for the song, 'tis a little diddy about how Canadian and British
> forces routed the Americans trying to fulfill their "manifest destiny"
> in the war of 1812. During which, as a little capper, we burned down
> the equivalent to the White House at the time.

It was the same building. Just wasn't called the White House at the time.
The US was not trying to fullfill manifest destiny when they invaded
Canada. The US invaded Canada to fight the British. Yes. The British.
Canada didn't burn down the White House. Britain did. The reason the US
went to attack the British was because of the port blockading and
harrassment of our shipping.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota