Re: Colorado campgrounds

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 21:27:36 EDT

In article <50600.199.64.0.252.1112807480.squirrel@janor.ath.cx>,
dml@bleazard.net ("Jason Bleazard") writes:

> OK, for reference, here's a list of campgrounds I found in Colorado. This
> is presented as a starting point, obviously we're going to have to narrow
> this list down considerably. I just want to start some discussion and get
> some feedback on your preferences.
>
> This list was generated using http://www.woodalls.com. All of these are
> located within 100 miles of Denver (according to the web site). I used
> the RV park search function and included all parks that also mentioned
> tenting. I did it that way because searching for tent camping makes it
> difficult to tell which parks have RV access or showers. If you're using
> the RV search tab, it tells you when a park has no showers (I didn't list
> any of those below).
>
> Here's the list, organized alphabetically by town. Any parks with web
> sites listed have their address included as well. If you know of any
> interesting campgrounds not listed below, feel free to add those as well.
> The requirements are: tenting, RV access, showers, within about a 2 hour
> drive of Denver.

I think the next step should be to start gathering information about area
attractions and plot their locations on a map along with camping areas. I did
a search for just the town names listed in your post and also added Bandimere
Speedway in Morrison and the Breckenridge area where there seemed to be a
concentration on easy to moderate trails based on the offroading link posted
earlier. Both those areas seem to be just to the southwest of Denver. I'm
sure offroading is available in other areas but we only have one choice for
drag racing, so I think we should start focusing a campground search in that
direction. The goal being, we being as close to all the planned activities as
possible to cut down on travel times. Like I said, I did a search for the town
names and plotted their locations in my GPS software. Here's what it looks
like.

http://tinyurl.com/5mz2x

Walt