RE: New member with a question

From: Chad Evans (hemidak@msn.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 03:44:39 EDT

sound like you got the speed sensor that goes in the front. I have a 99 5.2
and there is a speed sensor that does screw in. but it goes in the front, in
the trans housing if i remember correctly.

also check to see if any of the fuses are bad. Check the distribution block
in the engine bay. I cant remember if there is any relays or not. would be
worth checking into.

I dumped the truck into second going bout 80. i thought i had blown the
tranny for sure. it made an awful whining sound. it threw a couple of codes.
So i preceeded to replace both sensors in the valve body and the speed
sensor. I think i spent some where near 100-150 bucks on sensors, come to
find out it was a $7 relay in the distribution block under the hood. So it
is worth checking into.