Re: Colorado campgrounds

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 14:57:40 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> : Some of us may go into withdrawls and cold sweats if we unplug however
> : LOL.
>

> I've gone a week without e-mail before. I can quit anytime I want!

me too, but it's a little scary.

> : I don't mind doing the daily status reports - so unless Josh gets
> : me real drunk and I pass out - I should be able to write up at the end
> : of the day heheh.
>

> Josh wouldn't do that, would he? You must be thinking of somebody
> else. :-)

never, I only try to get women drunk so they pass out.

> Ed and I were at Oshkosh a few years back and saw a pretty
> impressive display that one of the vendors in the "swap meet" sort
> of area had set up. It was a portable Honda generator (tiny little
> thing, about the size of a briefcase) that had a standard household
> fan plugged into it. The generator was so quiet that you couldn't
> hear it running over the sound of the fan blades. I doubt something
> like that could run a lot of stuff though; maybe a few lamps or a
> laptop, but pretty impressive nonetheless.

Well, since we'd all have to be using laptops anyway all the generator
would have to do would be able to charge the batteries. I can get about
4 or 5 hours out of mine if I really make the effort to put everything
on power save and clock the processor down. This might be an option as
long as nobody tries to bring a desktop (ahh...memories)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L