Re: Front Lug change out

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 16:09:53 EDT

My goodness, Gary Pinkley is still around. Haven't heard from you for a while. When are you coming out to the AutoXes again? Your welcome to take a few spins in my truck. I've got my 5speed 4.7L dialed in pretty well, I think you'd be impressed. Need new shocks though.

Anyways, most the lugs I break are the cheepo replacements the tireshop put in there. I've got oem replacments now and have some longer moroso on the way. I haven't needed a front one until now. I'll see what ARP has.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
--------------------------------
If you keep breaking them, I would suggest installing some ARP studs.
Unfortunately, I vaguely remember what part numbers I used, but if you
look at their catalog, you will see several different flavors of the
1/2-20 threaded studs. I think the front kit 100-7703 (sold in sets)
is a Ford application and the rear 100-7705 is the Chrysler p/n. You
might have to do some light drilling or die grinding to fit the size
of the 'knurl' into the hub/flanges. Grab a caliper and double check
that my part numbers are the closest ones to the factory studs on the
knurled part of the stud. You'll need a light pressfit for these to
work. Good Luck!
-Gary Pinkley