Re: Rear end bench mechanics

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 17:02:52 EDT

I researched it, and word on the street is the Auburns wear out quickly for my application. I saw quotes from 6months to 6runs (2days).

Has anyone modified the stock LSD? I've heard you can add clutch plates to stiffen/strengthen/lengthen life.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
Instead of a locker (assuming Auto-X use) think Auburn. It is a cone clutch
limited slip. I had one in my drag truck and loved it on the street. Much
more efficient and polite engagement that the stocker, and not at all harch
in engage/disengage.
Only con was it doesn't hold up to waterbox burnouts. This shouldn't affect
the Auto-X use you have planned.
Additionally, if it peglegs, $85 + shipping will get you a replacement.
TonyC